MY BLOG ENTRIES

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Art of Being Alone

Many people abhor being alone.  They get easily bored and they try to find something better to do with their time.  Most people even avoid eating out alone since it may prompt pity from others that you are someone who cannot find anyone to eat with.  But being alone is sometimes a rare gift especially in this noisy crowded world.  We must learn how to relax and tune-in to our inner selves.  Certain people find special happiness just sitting alone in a park, walking alone by the beach, or having coffee alone in a shop.  I admit I am one of those people.  Although I do love parties and crowds, I find it soothing to be by myself at times, assessing life and basically thinking about things that have come to pass or things that are yet to happen.  It is in these solitary moments that we can reexamine ourselves and replenish our inner strengths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment