MY BLOG ENTRIES

Friday, March 4, 2011

Writing

I've had this passion for writing ever since I can remember and I sometimes wonder what's inside people's heads if not stories?  Writers literally create new worlds from scratch.  Our aim is not to copy actuality but to modify and recreate our sense of it. Like actors, a writer invites a reader to watch a performance in his own brain.  For me, writing is exploration and  it often suprises me on where the journey takes me.  I have also come to realize that writing is the most direct contact possible with the part of myself I thought I had lost, and which I constantly find new things from.  Through it I can speak about things that are important to me and somebody listens.  My purpose in writing is to entertain myself first and other people secondly.  There are so many things in this world and so many things to write about.  Writing is only boring to people who are probably boring themselves.  Or maybe, it is a cop-out...  An excuse to live perpetually in fantasy land, where you can create and watch the products of your own head.  Be that as it may, the reason one writes is not the fact that he wants to say something.  One writes because he has something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment