MY BLOG ENTRIES

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Certain Kind of Sadness

A sad and twisted thought
Came upon my mind
Something so sadistic
That should be left behind
I thought about those
Who have died so soon
And of what I was doing
That day they met their doom
And I thought about myself
About my problems and my tears
Living with all my pain
And my tormented fears
And I noticed something
Something that didn't seem right
Something that makes one cry
And makes you shiver in the night
Everytime you smile
Another child cries
Everytime you're happy
Another person dies
When everything is going right
When it's the best day of your life
Someone out there has had enough
And is picking up that knife
Everytime you have someone
Another person is alone
Everytime you feel loved
Another child is on their own
When your parents are hugging you
And showering you with kisses
Some child out there is being beaten
By parents who are making death wishes
Everytime you see the light
Another child only sees the dark
Everytime you are healthy
Another person cuts a fresh mark
So remember this and be grateful
The next time you have a good day
Because another someone, somewhere out there
May be dying in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment