MY BLOG ENTRIES

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cherished Goal

                             
It's been a while since I've posted something here. It's been crazy at work.  Right now I've found the time to think and wonder how my life has been.  Have you ever asked yourself, "What the heck am I here for?" You go through life day by day, striving for things that may or may not be yours for the taking. Maybe it's mid-life crisis, but I've been spending much time these past months thinking of the things that I've missed, and things that I should still do to tell myself that I, indeed, have LIVED. People do different things to have that feeling of accomplishment. I have this friend who made a list of everything she must accomplish before facing the big 3-0. Brazilian wax, nude photoshoot, silent retreat, bunjee jumping, sky diving, scuba diving, etc.  These may not be great feats for others but for a simple girl, means a lot.  I do not have a concrete list, nor do I hope to accomplish these physical things.  I am an ordinary girl and I know the practical limitations of my life. Therefore, I do not have dreamy and impractical ambitions. However, there has always been a void -- always something that is missing -- that even at the peak of your success or happiness in life, there is that certain part of you that is unfulfilled.  Maybe what I yearn for, as most people do, are things that would say that you mattered.  That for the length of your existence in this world, you made a difference.  To aid people in need and leave my mark on their lives. I only pray to God that my desire be fulfilled and that I become competent enough to act up to the cherished goal of my life -- selfless service to the suffering humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment